In his book, Whatever Arises, Love That, Matt Kahn refers to the new paradigm of spirituality as a love revolution that begins with you. You are a drop in the ocean of all. How you feel and what you do contributes to that metaphorical ocean of oneness.
Self-love is a choice. It is not the result of achieving this or getting that. Self-love is not a destination; it’s a practice. Self-love is the foundation on which we build a happy life. Without self-love, we have nowhere to put the love or abundance that comes to us.
1. Choosing ourselves and taking responsibility for all of our choices and experiences.
2. Establishing personal boundaries and knowing what is right for you, including saying “no” when you mean no rather than saying yes to appease others.
3. Saying what you mean to say and also communicating your needs and desires to yourself and to others.
4. Taking care of our physical health by giving our body the nurturing, rest, exercise, and comfort it needs to the best of our ability.
5. Honoring our emotions and mental health, while recognizing certain people, places or things may not be right for us or resonate with us.
6. Wearing clothes that make us feel good rather than keeping up with the current styles.
7. Taking time to do whatever we love, just to play, without worrying about wasting time.
8. Seeing ourselves as beautiful, unique and miraculous creations without feeling guilty, arrogant, or entitled to do so.
9. Not rehashing our self-perceived mistakes and instead choosing to see them as opportunities for learning and growth.
10. Spending some quality, connected time with ourselves, which may include pampering, instead of partaking in activities to just occupy our time.
11. Trusting the individualized path that our soul is on without comparing our journey to others and making a genuine effort to become a conscious co-creator of our destiny.
12. Listening to our heart/spirit and following what our gut/intuition says instead of living out of our brain and ego.
13. Knowing how we’re spending our emotional, mental, financial, and physical energy, and recognizing whether these activities bring back joy, connection, nurturing, rest, and creativity to our lives
About the Author
Shelly Wilson is an author, intuitive medium and conscious creator who is passionate about helping people wake up to their greatness. She supports others as they navigate their own journey into consciousness to experience aliveness.